Today, the T-shirt printing business is one of the few businesses that can be started with little amount of money and promises large returns in many countries around the world. All it requires is more of dedication and hard work.
If you have an enthusiasm for fashion and willing to make a profession out of it, the T-shirt printing business is an incredible business, and there are lot of resources on the web for you to gain from.
For a general thought, look around you. Such a significant number of individuals are wearing a T-shirt, and by a wide margin, it is the most present day easygoing wear all inclusive; from children to grown-ups everybody adores wearing them.
The interest for T-Shirts are broad, thus numerous individuals around the globe incline toward running this venture. Some different reasons include:
It’s a multi-billion dollar industry and is not really influenced by different markets.
Shirts have been acknowledged by everybody; from men to women, everybody needs easygoing wears.
It is very economical to begin and requires less capital and space.
With a substantial number of internet business destinations around the world, the items are easy to sell.
What’s more, for the most imperative point, it gives a superior net revenue than numerous other fashion things.
The T-shirt printing business requires you to have a careful planning and understanding of your targeted customers. You need to identify their likes and the current trend in the market, and then with the help of a designer or yourself, create your designs and transfer them on the plain T-shirts via a suitable method. Once the product is ready, you can market to the target customers via different channels like the internet or various physical stores.
Although the T-shirt printing business is mainly focused on creating custom printed T-shirts, you could extend it to include a service where you produce “custom printed gifts” for corporate organisations. The gift business is complementary for those who use heat presses to print T-shirts. With a quality heat press, you can print on number plates, glassworks, blankets, wood or any other flat surface.
Business Opportunities And Scope
Talking about the scope of this business, it’s a relatively new idea, and youngsters, especially in Europe and America, love to wear custom designed t-shirts that suit their personalities.
Some opportunities to explore are:
- Students: If you approach schools and colleges, you’d realise that every single one of them has a separately designed T-shirt for their specific departments and sections. This shows a potential opportunity for you to exploit.
- Sports Clubs And Associations: Also, you can approach your local sports clubs, offices, associations, and more, as they also use custom-made t-shirts.
How To Setup Your T-Shirt Printing Business
Before you start a t-shirt printing business, there are a few things you need to take care of. Some of these steps are:
1. Market analysis:
The first step is to carry out a market analysis. This can be achieved by private survey companies, government offices, or talking to other entrepreneurs in the business. Try to get a good insight about the industry, and identify things like; what kinds of t-shirts are the most popular and high in demand.
Also, try to know your potential customers, their choice patterns, and the current trends. Look for the competition in the market, what prices they’re selling the same goods, and how you can compete for market share.
2. Write a good business plan:
The first step is to write a good business plan. This business plan will contain all the valuable information like your market analysis which would show where to purchase plain T-shirts, how to get it printed, where you intend to sell the finished products, your target customers, and much more. If you have a good business plan, you’d have a road map to follow.
3. Execute an advertising plan:
Now let us consider a scenario where you wrote a good business plan, had an excellent market analysis, and now have the finished product. The t-shirts won’t sell themselves; you need to make sure your target customers know about your product and brand.
Map out a strategy to spread the word about your brand as it has a significant impact on the business growth.
- When you target the local market, business cards and flyers can be a great way to advertise your business in various local organizations, shops, schools and other firms.
- Use your satisfied customers for word-of-mouth advertising, as it is free of charge and people tend to trust the experience of someone who has the product.
- If you are planning to sell on an e-commerce site, look to use paid promotion like Facebook ads, Google Adwords, and others to get the attention of many prospects.
- Also, exploit free promotional channels such Facebook, Twitter or Instagram for advertising your business, as the more people know your business, the better for your brand.
- Connect with some fashion bloggers, as they have a large following and can easily get you a lot of orders.
4. Have great set of designs
Well, design is what separates regular t-shirts from the custom printed t-shirt. Everyone is looking for the latest and better models, which connect with their personality. Thus, it becomes the sole reason that makes the sale.
Always try to get the latest designs that connect with your clients and stand out from rest, as no one wants to see old designs. Always refresh and update to stay ahead of the competition, for this, you can develop on your own or hire freelancers.
Your designs need to be simple rather than being complex.
5. Quality of the blank t-shirts
If you want your clients to always return, the quality of the substrate t-shirt is a critical deciding factor. A satisfied customer will always return and also bring you more clients. If you use poor quality t-shirts, they will degrade your brand reputation. Moreover, a client can be tricked to use this once, but not twice.
Also if you use high-quality t-shirts, the prints will be better and vibrant. Quality products ensures loyal consumers who can advertise your product to others.
6. Get the proper printing equipment
You should try to fetch the printing equipment according to your business needs.
- A screen printer for a cheaper design can be used over and over again. So they are excellent for large orders. The shortcoming of this process is it takes a bit more time to learn and get used to.
- For small orders, you can have a Heat press or digital ink-jet printers. They are slow and require less training time. The advantage for heat presses is that besides t-shirts, you can work with a large number of other materials, thus expanding your domain manifold.
Starting your own t-shirt printing business can be a great bet. It can provide you with the right economic support you need for a full-time business. It’s a business anyone can start with a low budget and space to work with.
If you follow all the steps mentioned above and do careful planning, you will surely make progress soon. Take care of the various constraints like pricing your products against competitors, getting the paperwork cleared if required, and others.
Finally, don’t get discouraged if the sales are not up to your projected mark for the first few weeks. It takes time, so put in the effort and be patient; you will taste success soon.