Car washing business is a very profitable business in Nigeria, considering the dusty and muddy nature of our environment. Cars get dirty even if they are just parked. Since people need to clean their cars regularly you are always sure of a steady market.
With a good location and excellent marketing concept, I assure you that you can make over N25,000 daily from this business. I may not be willing to state names for anonymity reasons but just take a stroll to some good car washing business centers in your city and calculate the inflow of vehicles daily and what the car washers stand to make at an average bill of N1000 per vehicle, you will be amazed that most of them earns much more than N25,000 daily.
You can follow this simple steps to start a profitable car washing business:
- Make a business plan as this will be essential to plan out all the short and long term needs of the business and will help in smooth operations.
- Find a location. Look for a location where car washing service is needed. Choose a busy intersection such as a main street which is visible to more people. More automobile visibility will increase business.
- Register your business with the corporate affairs commission
- Learn the requirements.
- Buy the needed equipment such as water pumping machine and host, PVC tank, brushes, and buckets etc. You can use local water supply if you don’t have the needed funds to sink a borehole yet .
- Concretize the floor, and create arena for customer relaxation while waiting for the services.
- Research profitable extra services. There are different kinds of services such as additional waxing or self vacuuming you can offer.
- Get adequate finances for the business and advertise the business by using creative and tested promotional methods such as fliers and referral coupons. Start-up costs for a car washing business is about N150,000